Microsoft Graph is the gateway to tremendous amount of data in Microsoft 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security. It provides a single endpoint for all of your automation needs.
Microsoft Graph exposes REST APIs and client libraries to access data on the following Microsoft 365 services:
- Microsoft 365 services: Delve, Excel, Microsoft Bookings, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook/Exchange, Planner, and SharePoint
- Enterprise Mobility and Security services: Azure Active Directory, Advanced Threat Analytics, Advanced Threat Protection, Identity Manager, and Intune
- Windows 10 services: activities, devices, notifications
- Dynamics 365 Business Central Use this enormous amount of data in Microsoft Graph to automate your apps and processes for your organizations.
With Immense amount of data gained from Microsoft Graph, anything can be automated, saving time and energy of your personnel. You can use Graph for:
- Monitoring identity risks
- Look up and manage user profile information for users in your organization, such as name, photo, email address, job title, office location, and more.
- Create groups for projects and teams in your organization. Add and remove members from the group to control access to resources. (Dynamic groups can automatically change membership based on user property values.)
- To control access, you can check for transitive membership in a list of groups or get all the resources of a specified type (like user or group) from a list of generic resource IDs.
- Authentication and authorization of users
- Determining who performed the tasks reported by directory audits. The sign-ins report helps you answer questions like:
- What is the sign in pattern of a user?
- How many users have signed in during the last week?
- What is the status of these sign-ins?
- Looks at your next meeting and helps you prepare for it by providing profile information for attendees, including their job titles and managers, as well as information about the latest documents they are working on, and people they're collaborating with.
- Scans your calendar and suggests the best times for the next team meeting.
- Fetches the latest sales projection chart from an Excel file in your OneDrive and lets you update the forecast in real time, all from your phone.